2026 UTME: JAMB Withholds Underage Candidates’ Results, Pegs 320 Benchmark

By Ighomuaye Lucky. O

 

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has spoken extensively on why some candidates are receiving “No Result Yet” notifications in the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), saying the results of underage candidates are being deliberately withheld for specific reason.

JAMB image maker Fabian Benjamin said the development followed a surge in enquiries from parents and guardians over the status of candidates’ results.

He said that the only candidates who will be at least 16 years old by September 30, 2026, are eligible to sit for the UTME under the board’s standard admission policy.

His words, “Candidates below that age threshold can only be considered under JAMB’s exceptional candidate provision, which is reserved for those with outstanding academic ability.

“To qualify, such candidates must score at least 320 in the UTME and obtain a minimum of 80 per cent in subsequent screening exercises”.

Benjamin said only underage candidates who meet the 320 score benchmark will be shortlisted for further assessment, in line with agreements previously reached with their parents.

The spokesperson for the examination body reiterated that until that process is finalized, the board said the results of underage candidates will remain withheld as it continues to enforce admission standards and safeguard the integrity of the examination system.

Newstracktoday reports that with this clarification, the controversies that have trailed the delay have been temporarily laid to rest.

 

 

 

Sun